About Elaine King CFP®, MBA, CDFA™, ACFBA
Recognized as 2017 People Magazine’s 25 Most Powerful Women, Elaine is considered an expert in international family financial planning and an ambassador for the CFP Board of Standards. Founder of the Family and Money Matters Institute™ whose mission is to empower the family’s human & financial capital making money a positive force.
She has lived in Austria, Canada, Japan, Mexico, Peru and throughout the United States working with over 1,200 families creating actionable strategies focused on wealth planning, financial education, multigenerational succession, philanthropy and family governance. She has experience leading as partner, director and manager at Bessemer Trust $100 billion AUM, Royal Bank of Scotland’s Coutts Division, WE Family Offices and Citigroup in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Family & Money Expert, Bestselling author, Keynote Speaker and Social Catalyst, creator of P.E.F.F., an institutional financial education program helping thousands of families in Latin America. She is the author of 7 published books, 2 award winning books; “Family and Money Matters – Rising Generation” and “La Familia y El Dinero – Hecho Facil”, she is often cited in global media outlets like CNN, WSJ and Forbes.
Her studies include:
- MBA & Postgraduate Studies in Family Therapy at Bowen Center Georgetown
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®)
- Florida Supreme Court Family Mediator
- Certified Coach (ICF) University of Miami
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA™) professional
- Advanced Family Business Advisor™ Family Firm Institute
- Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI) National Financial Educators Council
Her community outreach includes:
- CFP® Board Ambassador
- Asociación de Empresas Familiares del Peru (AEF) Family Governance Advisor
- NEXUS Social Entrepreneurship, Ambassador
- Family Firm Institute (FFI) Advisory Committee Miami 2015-2016
- Collaborative Family Law Institute Board Member 2010-2011
- The Estate Planning Council (EPC) Miami, Director 2011-2015
- The Financial Planning Association (FPA) Florida & Miami Director 2010-2015